Flower Garden Costume

I needed a fast and inexpensive Halloween costume and my daughter wanted to be a "flower garden". So off to the thrift store we went, where we bought a green adult size M sweatshirt, which I cut at the sleeves. And some green stretch pants.

Then we loaded up on all the plastic vines, flowers, garlands, wreaths, etc. we could find. I think I spent $10. I sewed the flowers onto the sweatshirt by hand. I am no seamstress, I just used a big yarn needle and yarn.

To top it off we turned a flower wreath upside down and tied flowers all over the top. I then painted flowers on her cheeks! She was adorable and everyone commented on what a great costume this was. It did probably take about 2 hours of stitching, but I did it while watching TV and the end result was well worth the effort!

By Jennifer F.

CUTE and so crafty. I think that is the fun part when

everyone gets involved, kids need that. And isn't it fun to share it with them.She will rake up the candy with this outfit!

(B)A creative and innovative flowerpot! She must have put a smile <:0) on all the ghosts and goblins faces and been a big hit in her neighborhood with this OOAK costume. (B)

Little girl dressed as a flower garden.
Making A Flower Costume
Crafts Halloween CostumesOctober 14, 2005
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Making a Batgirl Costume
Boy Behind Fence in Convict Costume
Making a Convict Costume
Girl Dressed as a Nurse
Making a Nurse Costume