Financial Assistance to Purchase a Car

Is there any kind of help out there for purchasing a car? I am disabled and on a fixed income and I need some kind of help with money purchasing a car.

By armani13 from Brick, NJ

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

In our area (Northwest Pennsylvania) Subaru has been running ads for leasing their vehicles with no money done and payments around $200.00 a month. Sometimes the terms for leasing a vehicle are more lenient than they are for buying.

We used to live in your geographical area a little while back, and when one of our kids reached driving age and was buying her own car( she had a part-time job) she headed down to Route 9 just north of Route 37 in Toms River ( forget the # on that spur past Route 70, think 9 turns into 166?).

There used to be a few small used car lots there--the "buy here, pay here" type. The interest was a little higher than you'd get at a traditional dealer, but they were more forgiving on criteria for giving you a car loan as long as you could show stable income.

It was a weekly payment;she had the car for about seven years altogether and it had been paid off in about three. So, her experience was just what she needed there. May be a thought for you.

Also: some of the smaller "Mom & Pop" type car rental places in that area--rent-a-lemon type places that rent out, usually, just used cars? Ask around there. Many of them will outright sell you a used vehicle ( with payments and a loan) because they only keep them in their fleets for a certain length of time.

Try Modestneeds.org

I am a single mother with 8 children, 2 of which have disabilities. Firstly my son who 9 year old has epilepsy and a damaged left frontal lobe with the intellectual disability. My daughter will be 2 has Down Syndrome along with other sickness. I reason I'm asking that I would like a vehicle that is reliable where I can them to there appointments.

Answer

Budget & Finance Auto BuyingJuly 8, 2009
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner, Happy Couple Talking With Financial Consultant
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 4, 2016 at 1:14:58 AM on 10.0.2.113 in 472 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.