Starting Poplar Cuttings

I am planning to grow our own firewood by planting poplars and elms in an unused section next to our house. We will have plenty of elm seedlings as soon as they come up in our garden, they are there every year. I can take cuttings from our poplars, but do I need rooting hormone to help them get started?

By Coreen from Rupert, ID

Answers

We used to make a skating rink every year for our kids, one year my hubby cut some poplar trees and stuck them in the ground before the frost. He was using them for hanging lights on the rink. Well winter came and went and in the spring those poplar trees he cut in the fall and stuck in the ground, were sprouting leaves! I'm sure any way you try a poplar will grow.

Poplar Tree Cutting
Starting Poplar Tree Cuttings
Home and Garden Gardening TreesMarch 31, 2009
Beautiful pink oleander flowers.
Starting Oleander from Cuttings
Christmas Cactus
Starting a Christmas Cactus from Cuttings
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
A cutting of a plant growing in a clay pot.
Starting Plants from Cuttings
🎄