Using Bill Pay Features - Categories:

BudgetBudget & Finance

Using Bill Pay Features

Most checking accounts now include a Billpay feature. My account has Pay My Bills and it is free. It works better for me than Automatic Pay. We have a tight budget, and with automatic payments on my bills, I would have to worry about having enough money in the account when the creditor decided to withdraw his payment. With Pay My Bills, I choose the date the payment is made.

We get our Social Security checks deposited to our account on the 3rd of the month, so I schedule the bills that come in during the month to be paid on the 4th of the following month. I schedule them the day they arrive in the mail so that I don't have to spend a lot of time at the last minute paying the bills.

It saves on postage, also. I have a temporary file for payment pending. As soon as the payment shows in my online bank statement, I move the bill, mark it paid and file it into my permanent files.

By Harlean from Arkansas

I definitely agree with you on the Bank Bill Payer as opposed to the automatic withdrawal by the creditor. Temporary file for payment pending is a fantastic idea. Wish I had thought of that a long time ago. I have projected my bank account showing expected income and expenses for several months with a running balance so that I do not get overdrawn. That way I change the date of payment if necessary. That has also helped.

Budget & Finance BudgetJanuary 20, 2005
White Low Flow Toilet
Saving Money on Your Sewer Bill
Saving Money on Your Electric Bill, Money and Light Bulb on Top of Electric Bill
Saving Money on Your Electric Bill
Insulating Your Home, Insulation Ready to Be Installed
Insulating Your Home
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:19:25 AM on 10.0.1.242 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.