Spoon Rest Ideas

What do you use for a spoon rest when you are cooking? I usually just tear a piece of aluminum foil. Any better suggestions?

Onesummer

I have an 'official' decorative-type spoon rest but never use it. I usually use a small plate as it is easier to wash. If something for dinner came in a can like kidney beans or something I use that. I used to use plastic lids from yogurt or margarine since those cant go into the recycing...then those can just get tossed in the garbage after you are done using them. But it takes only a second to wash a plate or stick it in the dishwasher anyway.

I keep mismatched saucers and small plates to use a spoon rest.

Or you can probably buy a spoon rest at a very cheap price at one of the dollar stores.

I use a coffee mug, then put it in the dishwasher.

flat sardine cans, they are flat enough but have a edge to rest the spoon on inside. i paint them to match my kitchens theme (apples and roosters) some are decoupaged. they wash up in the dishwasher and catch grease well when in use plus are thin tin so they do not melt when ovens in use.

A Piece Of Bread

I have a coffee cup and saucer set I keep up on the stove. That way I can put the spoon in the saucer and if I need to use it, the coffee cup serves as a container for a second spoon. I don't know about anyone else, but I generally don't just cook one thing :)

I always have both cheap paper plates and cheap paper napkins beside the stove and micro anyway, so often use one of them

I use a small plate that hardly takes up any room in the dishwasher.

I have an aluminum pizza pan -one of those cheap wal-mart kinds you can get for a couple of dollars- that I lay my spoons and meatfork on. Especially good -roomy- when cooking large meals!

I have a small dish in the shape of a leaf.

I usually just use the plate I will be eating from (unless I am having company and want to set my table earlier). That way there is no extra dish/utensil to wash.

I had one for years and dropped it and it was 'gone'. Always loved having one; no problem to clean. Got a nice one @ the thrift store for 25 cents.

My lady has bought some plastic items that are made for the purpose of using them as a spoon rest. They work out very well.

I received a spoonrest as a gift, but it broke. I missed it. I like that I can put it in the dishwasher every night for cleaning. I bought one very cheaply at the thrift store. But you can always use a pretty saucer or small plate to do the job. What about a coaster?

I use a large jar lid like mayonnaise comes in.

I use the heal on a loaf of bread and when I'm done I usually give it to my dogs or depending on what I'm cooking, I use a coffee cup filled with hot water and put my spoon in that. Easier clean up.

For a spoon rest, I like to use a piece of melamine (remember Melmac?) dinnerware. It is something that I really don't care about and that won't crack if I accidentally put the spoon down too hard.

Ann, So Maine

coke bottle spoon rest
Spoon Rest Ideas
Make Your Own MiscellaneousNovember 13, 2007
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Blueberries in a lidded container
Storing Blueberries
stack of books
Making a Book Rest
Upclose photo of corn spoon bread.
Corn Spoon Bread Recipes
🎉
🎄