Small Pet Quilts

Use scraps of material to make small tied quilts. Size depends on pet, however 3x4 feet works best for most cats and small to medium sized dogs. Use fleece for the backing and quilt batting to fill.

Several positioned around the house makes perfect furniture protection. The size mentioned above is perfect to cover the seats and tuck into the sides of chairs or backs of sofa cushions. These small quilts are easy to grab and wash and very easy to train pets to use because they are so soft and familiar. Use fabric that compliments the decor.

By Marcia from Graytown, OH

Your dog in the picture is just adorable. Such a cute little face. Is it part boxer? What a great idea. My dog doesn't shed but I'd still love to make some for my friends. Thank you for sharing with us. Does the orange and black one in the picture match your decor. Just kidding! LOL!

My mom had made a lap quilt for her twin. Both are deceased. As is my little Bobbie, who is forever wrapped in the love of that same little quilt.

dog and cat on couch
Protecting Furniture From Pets
Crafts Quilting IdeasJuly 22, 2009
Image of vintage quilt composed of triangles.
Caring for Quilts
A pet rat in a cage.
Choosing a Small Pet
Rag Quilt
Rag Quilt Patterns
Old Quilt
Crafts Using Old Quilts
🎉
🎄