Stop Drinking Soda

contest winner icon

I'm 67, a wife, mom, grandma of 21 great kids and will soon be a great grandma. I want to be around for all of them as long as God allows, but I can't leave it all up to Him.

One of the best things I've done for myself is to stop drinking soda pops. I know the soft drink companies won't appreciate me, but after a year of no pop, I've lost weight, my arthritis is better, my waistline is smaller, and my belly is smaller. I seldom experience bloating and I'm saving on the grocery bill.

Cool, filtered water is now my favorite drink. This is from a former cola addict! I also exercise three times a week and do stretches and take walks in between. No walks lately. Sandusky is very cold and icy. So I'm staying in and working on improving my eating habits.

Source: My need to get healthier.

By Shirley from Sandusky, OH

Hooray for you! There's actually conferences around the world called The Coca-Cola Conspiracy (which includes not just coke, but Pepsi etc).

The High Fructose Corn Syrup and extra Fructose in everything is what is killing us. PLUS the diet ones contain Aspartame and I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can consume anything with that poison in it.

Good for you and thanks for sharing!

An additional benefit of not drinking soda-- your teeth should last longer! My dentist has congratulated me for not drinking soda, says the acid that creates the carbonation actually eats away the enamel over time, as well as the high sugar content encouraging cavities.

Absolutely! Set the example for your grandkids. Soda pop is the biggest waste of money and the most useless food there is. It is made from high fructose corn syrup and has no good use except a sip of Pepsi for occasional indigestion.

I drink a diet dr pepper on occasion and don't feel guilty about it. There is something bad in nearly everything we eat and drink. Only healthy way is to raise your own beef and grow your own vegetables. It's all in moderation.

I wonder how many colas you were drinking. I have a coke every day with lunch, but just that one a day because I know how bad it is for a person. Kids should never have sodas of any kind. They need to have juice or water.

Very good idea!

So did I. You should be so proud. I read soda is addictive which makes sense because most all contain caffeine...some more than others. It also contributes to belly fat. Now if I can only work on my other vices! LOL

Also protecting yourself from osteoporosis - carbonated drinks contribute to poor bone density and cola is apparently 20 times worse than other soft drinks! Good for you

I have done the same and I don't miss it at all so good for us! I have not lost any weight (darn) but I don't have near the gas I used to have. And at age 69 and having 5 kids, not much can help my tummy!

Arthritis. A must read Google; nightshades and arthritis.

Google"wh foods" great website.

I had a terrible rash for years on the back of my neck I thought was psoriasis but when I quit drinking diet Pepsi the rash went away!

A happy woman eating a salad.
Healthy Eating Advice
Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingJanuary 15, 2010
An insulated cup with a reusable plastic drinking straw.
Cleaning Plastic Drinking Straws
eating healthy on a budget
Eating Healthy on a Budget
Pouring Sparkling Water
Making Sparkling Water
Colorful Drinking Straws
Uses for Drinking Straws
🎉
🎄