Tighten Screws In Doorknobs

Take a screwdriver along and check all the doorknobs in your home. It may save you some work later. I found that every one of mine needed two or three turns of the screwdriver.

By Jean from Charlevoix, MI

Not that long ago, I had my hubby tighten a couple of ours. Our house was new when we bought it but that was 20 yrs ago and some of the doorknobs had gotten loose. There was one that was so loose, it was about to fall off!

My house is 100+ years old, and I don't want to replace the old doors, but the doorknobs get loose about once a year. I checked and made sure they come loose only from the inside. So if I pull the knob off, at least I'm inside and can get my screwdriver and fix it easily. It's much better to tighten them regularly, of course.

I keep trying to fix my doorknobs by tightening the screws but they loosen up within a couple of days. Its really embarrasing when guests leave with doorknob in hand!

Home and Garden Home Improvement DoorsApril 10, 2007
Magnetic Wristband
Making a Magnetic Wristband Nail and Screw Holder
A tray of nuts and bolts.
Organizing Nails, Screws, Nuts and Bolts