$2 Scarf or Tie Hanger

I own a lot of scarves but could never find one when I needed it until I made this great scarf organizer which can also be used for necklaces or men's ties.

Each spring and summer, most dollar stores sell dark green hanging metal "baskets" that are meant to be lined with moss, then hold hanging plants outside (I got mine at Dollar Tree). These baskets have spaces that are to large to hold anything, without moss or a planter inside them. Mine has 9 thick vertical wires that are set between a top and bottom ring of wire and 3 chains hooked to the top to hang it from. I decided to hang it in an unused corner of my bedroom from a tiny cup hook in the ceiling with a second identical basket hanging under it.

I just love it! I drape my scarves around the vertical wires. But what's great is I can easily spin them around to see the scarves hanging in back. I also keep some of my scarves and soft headbands inside the baskets for even more storage. I have about 20 scarves hanging and there's still room for more! All stashed in an unused corner of my room.

great idea, probably pretty with scarves hanging on it. I just gave 4 baskets away!

Very good idea, I just spent $18.00 on a tie rack to hang my necklaces on. I just read in a magazine that you can recycle those hanging tiered kitchen baskets in your closet for hats, scarves, socks, whatever, you could probably use those for necklaces too!

Green Scarf
Organizing Scarves
Organizing ClosetApril 16, 2008
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Recycled T-shirt Scarf
Recycled T-shirt Scarf Ideas
Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters