Latex Paint Stains In My Tub

I had my place painted by a friend last week and he left the brushes and rollers in the tub. Now there is paint all over the tub which is fiberglass. I had soaked the whole tub with hot water thinking the latex paint will dissolve. No such luck. So the paint must have been semi-gloss. Someone told me to use paint thinner but that could damage the tub.

Help, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks,
Michael from Port Aransas, TX

I just painted my house and got flat paint & semi gloss on my sink and some dishes in the sink. I used a plastic mesh scrubbber to remove the paint and some of it I peeled of with my fingers. We also got paint on our windows and used a razor to peel if off. Hope this helps.

I used to work at a factory that made rv's. We used acetone to clean them and it didn't damage the fiberglass. Maybe that would work. Good luck

We used Simple Green concentrate. It works like a charm and does not damage the tub finish.

Removing Paint Stains from Fiberglass Tub
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsApril 12, 2006
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Latex Paint
Applying Latex Paint Over Oil Paint
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 8:03:21 PM on 10.0.1.11 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.