Cigarette Smoke Coming From My Neighbor's Yard

My disgusting chain-smoking neighbor sits on his porch and smokes constantly. The smoke wafts gently over to my house which is approximately 100 feet away. The 30 foot high cedar hedge between us does nothing to stop the smoke. The neighbor sits on his ground floor balcony. The smoke comes in my main floor windows which are about 4 feet higher than his balcony. I need fresh air. I was thinking some kind of fan to suck the smoke away from my windows. Where should I place the fan and at what height. My property line is about 20 feet from my windows. Please help if you can. Thank you.

Sharyl from Hollywood, Florida

Best Answer

You can set up a fan in one window, close the other windows, and blow the bad air out of your house. This works quite well, especially if you open a window on the opposite side of the house so the air comes in one side and goes out the other. You could add a nice perfume scent to the fan blades, but I'm sure you don't want your neighbor to get the wrong message from you!

Know what you mean! I don't know if a fan would work but here's something that might. I live on a corner and all the neighborhood teenagers would congregate there make noise, throw thrash all over my yard, etc.... The police were no help. The parents didn't care. So I started playing "uncool" (polkas, yodelling cowboy songs) music real loud. That got rid of them fast! If you know or can find out what kind of music your tobacco crazed don't like give it a try.

If you can afford it, look at the Ionic Breeze Air Purifiers on the Shaper Image website. If you check the products listed under "Outlet" they offer reconditioned air purifiers at about 1/3 of the normal price. I bought an office size one for my desk at work because I am severly allergic to perfume. It works like a charm. I'm sure you could get one you could put by the window that would take care of the smoke. Good luck.

I got one of those stinkers behind me.

I wish so many things for smokers. Clean air is one of them. My quality of living would increase dramatically. All the best. We wish and wish.

I do not have a suggestion for the interior smoking insults, but for the guy who smokes on his porch every night I would drag a fan outside, place it on the property line facing him and force the smoke back at him. He might not mind but you would be cleaner.

I have a neighbor who is annoying in most ways, but one that he has played the banjo very badly, same tune night after night for Years. One day I decided that if I had to listen to banjo then I wanted it to be good, so if I am outside while he pings then I play Dueling Banjo's to drown him out. At last he has gone inside and we all have freedom from his screeching. This works in different ways for different reasons, but you do need an outside plug.

Cigarette Smoke
Keeping Cigarette Smoke from Coming Inside
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJuly 20, 2007
Gray Smoke Coming From a Tailpipe
Gray Smoke Coming From a Tailpipe
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Cigarettes
Cigarette Smoke Odors From Neighbors
🎉
🎄