Removing Grease Buildup on Stove Burner Control Panel

The old stove (rented apartment) has badly built up grease on the backboard where the burner knobs are. How can I remove this without removing the painted part of the finish? Thank you.

By K.H.

My stove had some build up from grease and my range hood also. I bought Scotch-Brite cook top cleaner pads and this works great. You can find them at Walmart or any supercenter. The pack says for glass and ceramic cook tops, but it works wonders on any stove. Just follow the directions on the pack and its a breeze. I just use the refill pads. I purchased the handle thats available to use w/ these, but I find its easier to use them without it. I also use gloves as this product is very drying to the hands.

Thank you so much Kay. I will purchase these next time I go to the store. I have used so many products on the stove, and my cupboards for this gunk, they were like this at move in, and nothing has budged it. Blessin's, Kat

I have rental property and am left with very dirty, greasy stoves, at times! I use WD 40. It's the best product I have found for removing built up grease!

I assume you know, that you can remove the stove knobs? Just pull them straight off. It's much easier to clean the back splash, with the knobs off!

You can use Magic Eraser. It takes off old grease from anything.

Cleaning an Electric Stove
Cleaning an Electric Stove
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJuly 15, 2011
Pink and red daisies in a clear glass vase.
Cleaning Buildup Inside a Vase
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Stove Burner
Removing Melted Plastic from a Stove Burner
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture