Buy From Mennonite or Amish Country Stores

Check area Mennonite or Amish communities to stock up on bargains such as tea, soup mixes, candies or other goodies. The last one that I visited didn't have electricity so make sure to take your glasses or someone who can see for you or even a purse size flashlight! You can divvy up your finds with friends or family if you want to buy bulk, if you are short on storage space or fear the product will go bad before you use it!

The candies they sell are wonderful yet I have seen none that are individually wrapped. There are sometimes "hard to find" kitchen items that are somewhat odd and fun to see! In the fall, it is especially fun to see all the pumpkins, gourds and other fall harvest sitting around their stores and you can usually find better cared for potted flowers there, because they tend to be more careful with things than big nationally known stores.

Sometimes the drive is longer to get to these country like stores but it is enjoyable and much worth it considering the crowds aren't there like in town and the hurried nature seems nonexistent. It is void of the trappings in city shops such as "impulse items" like at the checkout and no fast food for the kids to beg and whine for!

By Veronica from Sedalia, Missouri

Great tip! I'd love to try this but I don't think there are any Amish or Mennonite stores near here. Years Ago I got to go through Amish country (I can't remember what state we were in) but it was really neat.

have you been to the amish community in Jamesport MO. I love it. used to live in chillicothe mo. sure do miss getting to go to jamesport. now live in arkansas 500 plus miles away.

I would like to know where I can find menn.or amish grocery store in Arkansas. Please asap, thank you, jkh

There is a Mennonite grocery store in Poplar Bluff, MO

There's an Amish and Country Store in Dermott, Arkansas. They sell jams, cheeses, furniture, and more. The family there is really friendly.

I know there is a farmers Market locator online free to use - but not sure about other. I think maybe a good place to try to find out would be asking around at a Farmers Market - maybe someone has a clue where they are or even possibly your local chamber of commerce. www.localharvest.org/

Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingOctober 29, 2007
Shoes at a Thrift Stores
Buying Shoes at Thrift Stores
Amish Peanut Butter Church Spread
Amish Peanut Butter Church Spread
African baby in a t-shirt.
Adopting a Child from a Foreign Country
White Bread
Amish White Bread Recipes
🎉
🎄