Rash On Eyelid

I have had a rash on my eyelid for over 2 yrs now. I think it is heat rash since it gets really irritated in hot weather or I have glasses on that hold in heat. I have been to a Dr. that prescribe a type of Hyrdocortisone. It didn't work! I have been using hydrocortisone from the store that seems to help but it keeps coming back! Any suggestions?

April from Demorest

Try a product called rex m cream. I had a horrible rash from perm solution and when nothing else worked a friend gave me a small tube and it cleared it right up. You can find it at places like rite aid. Sometimes they keep it behind the pharmacy counter but it is over the counter.

you could try using an anti-fungal. you never know...

My daughter went through the same thing. I believe it might be a yeast infection. Use antibiotic ointment, it helped my daughter. Good luck!

Try regular household cornstarch. My mother told me about this when my baby had a diaper rash 11 years ago. It worked great and we've used it for a million things since-heat rash, chicken pox, bug bites, etc.

First, are you 100% sure you used the hydrocortisone cream as intended? You need to apply it up to twice a day for a month or so (look at the prescription). I know I always had a problem remembering things like that. If you skip even once, you could be back on square one again!

Second; dont scratch it, whatever you do. Never! It will only make it worse!

Third, you need to use a good, unscented moisturizer to dab on the lid when you are not using the cortisone cream. Moisturizers like this are usually really cheap. Be sure to ask a pharmacist which one to choose, they will help you (I am one myself :) )

And then if nothing else works, you need to get back to the doctors to possibly get a stronger cortisone cream.

Maybe you need to consult another doctor. It could be eczema or psorosis.

My son has eczema and it seems that the petroleum based creams do not work as well at the foam creams. It has something to do with absorption. If you can find a foam moisturizer like the one Lancome' used to offer then you might have a shot. There is a foam anti fungal, and strangely enough it helps the eczema, but doesn't help it go away like steroids do.

Since it's a rash go see a dermatologist who specializes in skin problems. I once had a recurring rash on my upper lip and went to three different doctors before finally going to a dermatologist who diagnosed it correctly immediately.

Try a dab of tea tree oil on your eye lid. Don't get it in your eyes, though. It'll sting. Tea tree oil is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.

I would suggest going to another doctor (a dermatologist).

I wouldn't use any otc stuff not designated for eye use on eyelids!

I recently had a dry patch of skin on both my eyelids. I'd recently purchased a tube of gellied baby oil from Avon. I took a tiny bit of this product & applied to both eyelids at bedtime. It worked, no more dry patches!

I've also been paying more attention to what makeup remover products I'm using. Products that I've been accustomed to using for several years, are no longer what my skin needs. Find one that your skin works better with. When I started watching what products does better to my skin, rather than what I wanted to buy, I'm better off. Sometimes those cheaper products are as good, if not better than the more expensive products.

Please don't take anymore chances with your eyes. see a Dermatologist or a good Ophamalogist about your rash. I've seen this before and it could be many types of infections. or just psorasis,or sebborhic dermatitis. I just worry eventually your vision could be harmed.

I also have been having the same rash that than turns brown & then like liver sun spots , I have noticed prior to the irritation on my eyelids some darkening of my eyebrows and if I pull the eyebrow hair starting at the root of the hair it feels like I am pulling something off but I don't really see anything with the naked eye. I do however feel like something at that point is landing on my eye lashes and often I feel like something is in my eye again, I don't see anything when I look with even a magnifying mirror! Help.

I am suffering from the same exact problem. I took oral prenisone for a week and it cleared it up, but not completely. My eye lids get so dry and flaky they crack and it hurts. You're right, even wearing glasses traps the heat and makes it worse. I have tried everything from cortazone cream (which the Dr. who I saw twice told me to use), vasaline and even neosporin. If anything helps you PLEASE let me know. It's just daily misery. I feel for you.

Health & Beauty AdviceOctober 14, 2008
Baby with Diaper Rash Getting Changed
Diaper Rash Remedies
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
Baby in Diaper
Homemade Diaper Rash Ointment Recipes
Close up of a woman's eyes.
Home Remedies for a Stye
🎉
🎄