Jello or Pudding in Cake Mix

When using a packaged cake mix to change the flavor and make it moist, I use a package of Jello and mix it with all the ingredients of the cake mix. Any flavor can be used. This makes the cake flavorful, moist and is a crowd pleaser. You can also use pudding mix. I do this all the time and everyone thinks it is a homemade cake. Of course, I do not give away my secret.

By Carolyn from E Northport NY

What a good idea! You can make pretty colors that way too? I never like the flavored Lemon and strawberry cakes out there but I would imagine that the jello addition to a white cake would be great!

P.S. Do you use the big or the small box?

That is a brilliant idea and, of course, I won't give your secret away, either!

What a fabulous idea! Just in time too as my friend is visiting next week and i was going to do a nice cake! [ It's ok, Shhhh....mum's the word! :D]

Thank you for sharing.

Monique x

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingFebruary 23, 2007
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Chocolate Pudding
Chocolate Pudding Mix Recipes
Chocolate pudding in a bowl with a spoon.
Saving Money on Pudding
Making a Jello Fish Bowl
Making a Jello Fish Bowl