Use Collected Water to Flush Toilet

If you have a faucet leak or leaky roof, collect the water in a bucket and pour it into your toilet. The force of the water being poured in will flush your toilet without using the water in the tank. It usually takes about 2 liters but don't use a 2 liter bottle. You must pour a large amount all at once.

By Kim F from Kingsport, TN

Good idea, I would like to expand on it for people who dont have any leaks. Collect the water when running it while waiting for it to get hot enough for bathing or washing dishes, and then use the collected water for the flushing.... or water your plants with it.

We don't have any leaks, but I've noticed this phenomenon when we refresh our large dogs' water buckets. You just showed me a new way to look at this, thanks.

June 3, 2011 Flag

I use my dehumidifier water to flush the toilet. I was a little hesitant to use the water for my plants (although it may be completely fine). So, I decided every time I have a full bucket, I would bring it up from the basement and use it to flush!

By Amy from Long Branch, NJ

dripping faucet
Saving Money on Your Water Bill
Better Living Green Living Conservation WaterJuly 14, 2010
Man installing a toilet.
Installing a Toilet
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper