Store Cookie Sheets Lined With Foil

I have two young boys and a very busy life, I found keeping nonstick foil on my cookie sheets and storing them in the oven to be both a money and time saver. I have two cookie sheets; one large and one smaller one. I store them lined with nonstick foil at all times in the oven.

I take them out to preheat the oven and then put whatever I am cooking directly on them and this saves on time since they are always ready to go, space in my cabinets and since I can just re-use them without washing, or remove the foil if it is dirty, and then not have to wash the cookie sheet. This tip saves money and time.

By Cheryllynn from Smithsburg, MD

I don't see how this saves so much time. You have to pre heat the oven anyway and while this is going on you can line the sheets.This takes but a few seconds and then put your item on to bake. I guess you will save storage keeping them in the oven. I keep a pizza stone in the oven. It serves double duty for lots of baking needs besides making pizza.

Parchment paper doesn't ever tear when you lift the cookies off the sheets and still keeps the sheet clean.

Intexas it does not matter how much time it saves it just saves some. This gives you time to do something else in kitchen or something with the children to keep them from feeling like they are waiting a long time for the cookies. When you have an active life all seconds saved means you can do something else.

Any other pans you cook with and don't wash?