My Frugal Life: I Love The Internet!

I have never been the type to stay online for hours at a time; I never could find that much to do. I always wondered what people did when they stayed on for hours at a time.My Frugal Life I don't play video games, and I don't do chat rooms, and when I check my e-mail, it doesn't take any time at all to delete all the commercials. (That's what I call all the junk mail and advertisements that usually is all the e-mail I get).

However, I have found the most wonderful web-site! Well, actually, TWO of the most wonderful web-sites. Of course, you'd have to understand what makes me tick to be able to appreciate how excited I am to discover these sites. I have always gotten such a thrill out of pairing up the ONE thing that I know for sure that someone that I know is looking for; or finding the most perfect thing at a yard sale or the thrift store that is just the thing that I didn't know that I, (or someone else) was looking for; or finding a great way to save money, or some simple ( or obvious) tip that could make a task or hobby ever so much easier. I have quite a few books that have tons of home and garden tips, that I have the most fun reading. Problem is, I have read these books so many times, and tons of these tips are duplicated in most of them; also, sometimes I think that people duplicate a lot of these tips, and put a bunch of junk in there, just to fill up the book. So, I am constantly looking through new books, to find the perfect tip that is just the thing that I needed to either save money, or make live easier, or recycle something.

I was looking on Google the other day, and I came across the ThriftyFun web-site. Now, I don't have a clue as to why this web-site is called ThriftyFun, but, I think that this web-site was designed especially for me! I have never seen so many tips in one place in my life; and in every category imaginable. It is awesome! And another good thing about it is, you can bookmark a tip that you want to store, and it stores all of them in one place: recipes, garden, Christmas, living green, saving money, you name it. I have spent more time on this web-site than I ever have anywhere else.

Another good thing about it is, you can look up anything you need an answer for, and if you can't find the answer, then you can post your question, and either a staff member or a helpful person like me will try to answer your question. So, I'm thinking that I started started a blog to be able to pass on garden tips and lessons of life, and there was source was the whole time. (Oh well, I've got a forum now, and if no one ever reads it but me, then at least I can vent once in a while.)

Oh! And the other web-site is for people to post things that they want to give away. It is a place where members can post things; everything is free, and you can advertise for something that you are looking for, (that one special something that will complete your light bulb collection for instance). Whatever. You just type in, and put in your zip code, and it connects you with the area closest to you that has a group of members. You have to register with Yahoo!, (if you haven't already).

I'm telling you, these two sites are great! I just love the internet! Happy hunting.

By one.of.a.kind from AL

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here:

Do I have to pay Shipping and handling? Thanks.

If you are talking about FreeCycle, no you don't have to pay s/h. You arrange with the person that has the item, to either meet them somewhere, or pick it up at their house.

These are my two favorite website as well.

I felt the exact same way when I found this wonderful site!

Thanks one.of.a.kind, well said. Well said indeed. :)

P.S. Freecycle rocks!

You can also try or, both are great sites and will help you out a lot. Happy frugaling.

Have you ever checked out craigslist?

Yes indeed, love Craigslist too!

You dont have to register with Yahoo to go to I have AOL and I can still use Freecycle. Another book swapping site is Bookins. com. It is the opposite of Paperbackswap. You send a book to someone free and then to receive a book you have to pay the postage. I belong to both of those sites and love them both.

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeJuly 15, 2010
cable modem
Having Internet Without a Computer
Swagbucks Reviews
Swagbucks Reviews
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens