Keeping Puppy from Chewing Certain Items

New puppies (even some older dogs) like to chew. If you are having this problem, use "Vicks Vapor Rub". Rubbing a small amount on the surface or object you want your pet to avoid will keep them away; therefore breaking the habit.

By Marnita from Cumming, GA

There is a spray bottle of formula at pet stores called "Sour apple or Bitter apple". That is the Brand name. It will keep them away and now even showing the bottle makes mine run. It is something they smell immediately and do not like!

My puppy chewed EVERYTHING. I just did my best to keep things I didnt want chewed out of her reach.

She chewed right past Bitter Apple, Vicks and another thing I got from the vet.

Having a puppy is like having a toddler in the house. You have to watch them. Happily a puppy grows up faster and out of the chewing stage. It's about an 18 month process tho.

Preventing Puppies From Chewing
Pets Dogs Training AdviceJuly 12, 2006
Squirrel Chewing
Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring
Puppy Chewing on Boot
Preventing Puppies From Chewing
A couch chewed on by a dog.
Keeping Dogs from Chewing on Furniture
unwrapped gum on top of several foil wrapped pieces
Uses for Chewing Gum