Clover Valley Soups at the Dollar General - Categories:

Grocery ShoppingShopping

Clover Valley Soups at the Dollar General

In case you haven't noticed, the price of a single can of name brand soup has gone up so high that a person trying to budget can't hardly afford it. I found that Clover Valley Bean with Bacon soup is comparable in taste to another National Brand, with the exception being you get 18.6 oz. of the Clover Valley for $1 whereas the national brand for almost 1/2 as much, you pay over $1 almost $1.50! I find this brand at Dollar General Stores but I haven't checked elsewhere.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Thanks for the tip. I've never tried that brand of soup. You know too, you can doctor up and stretch canned soups and make them tastier and feed more people.

I agree! I think people try to turn their noses up cause Clover Valley is sold only @ the Dollars store & some act like that's beneath them. If it wasnt for the dollar stores, my family would be in serious trouble! Good post!

Bean and Bacon soup is the base of a recipe for "soft" tacos I used to make almost 50 yrs.ago and still do today. Heat the soup WITHOUT adding water( or a small amount if to thick).It makes a paste, you can add crumbled/shredded meat if you want. I usually just use the soup with chopped onions,lettuce,black olives ,tomatos,shredded cheese or even left over hash browns,chopped green chilies,rice. Just whatever I have on hand.Use a small amount of butter to cook the corn tortillas, just warm, turn over, warm the other side, fill and eat. Sometimes I use "Pepper Sauce " instead of Hot Sauce for a differeant flavor. Yum GG Vi

Great Granny Vi :: the soft tacos sound GREAT !

----------------------------------------------------------

nardog :: yes & why so many people end up in trouble with the finances = too picky!

---------------------------------------------------------

Post by Debbie52 :: your welcome! I find adding 3 teaspoons (or 4 depending on my mood) dollar store powdered soups to both the tomato & to the chicken noodle (all I have found that I can stretch with so far) & an extra can of water work wonders !

I generally don't buy canned beef vegetable soup because I make a GREAT freezer soup from leftover veggies & beef that is 100x better ! ;)

Also you can good buys on frozen food at Dollar Tree, They are putting lots of good frozen food in, just try them.

I buy the Clover Valley vegetable soup all the time (or I did). An employee told me yesterday at my local Dollar General store in NC that they would no longer be carrying that soup. Are there any other stores besides Dollar General that sells the Clover Valley Vegetable Soup?

Dear Dollar General shoppers:

We can e-mail to the following link:

http://www.dollargeneral.com/CustomerCare/Pages/ContactUs.aspx

Let them know that you want them to continue carrying Clover Valley products! Good luck all! Mike

The chicken and rice soup is awesome! In fact, we prefer the Clover Valley brand over a lot of nationally known brands. I have found Clover Valley ONLY at Dollar General, and have looked elsewhere myself.

I would like Dollar General to continue to carry Clover Valley products. I LOVE the chewy granola bars, chocolate chip, that Dollar General carried. Please bring them back!

I really like the bean/bacon soup. It's my favorite an most of my neighbors also. Can't seem to find it anymore? What is the problem? I know whoever makes it for you would be glad to make it for you.Y ou are like wal-mart, if you like something they sell it. I guarantee you they will quit stocking it. They try to control what you buy. Thanks

I can't get the Clover Valley Veg. Soup in Winter Haven FL. Have they stopped making it?

We can't find the Clover Valley Vegetable Soup at our local Dollar General in Sarasota. Does anyone know what's going on with this product? Is it available anywhere else? Please help! Thanks.

Dollar General has discontinued C.V. Bean w/Bacon soup, which wasn't a particularly smart marketing move viewing it from this side of the aisle. You can email DG and ask to have the product put back on the shelves or don't do anything about it and do without from now on. Mass emailings get attention of those in charge.

Many things at dollar general get (as we call it) pulled. this is when head office sends us messages to tell us that a product needs taken off the shelf. this is not a recall but it is a safety check (they check a batch of items in an unspecified time). this is why you won't find some products on the shelf.______ clover valley is dollar generals generic name. Just like great value at walmart. Again we work hard to save you time and money and we care about our customers safety.

Just don't buy the clover valley beef bullion cubes your soup will taste like musty rotted meat. It ruined a big pot of soup I made.

My husband and I are retired and on a small fixed income. Trying to save pennies, I bought CVpintos recently. We planned to have them tonight for our dinner. They were not done, still half hard, and we could not eat them. So instead of saving $, I wasted $. We have never had this happen with the other brands of canned pinto beans.

I buy Clover Valley stuff all the time. And it's the best coffee to me that I've ever tasted. Not only do I like Clover Valley products, but I like Dice Divination and Dream Divination to try and figure out the Mega Millions Lottery numbers or Powerball. And I hope that Micky Dolenz doesn't get mad at me for doing this. We have a dissagreement because he knows I think lottery winners that was so amazing. So, no he won't get mad. Because he's the baddest man and singer on the whole entire planet. And I like Billy Idol Pawn Stars And Rick Dale.

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingNovember 8, 2007
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
A man holding a dollar.
Shopping at Dollar Stores
Closeup of wet grass and clover.
Removing Clover from Your Lawn
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 9:24:07 PM on 10.0.2.128 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.