Bottled vs Canned Spaghetti Sauce

Bottled spaghetti sauce is a little more expensive than canned, but I love the convenience of having a recloseable lid. To save money, I have one old sauce bottle I wash out each time it gets empty, then I fill it with a new can of sauce. The amount is just right and presto! I have a lid!

By Carrie Snider from Yakima, WA

I don't know if it is the tomato sauce in the cans reacting with the metal but I think the canned sauce has a funny taste to it. The jarred sauce seems to taste somewhat better.

I have always bought spaghetti sauce in a jar....not sure why....our closest grocery had Ragu (several varieties) on sale for .89 a jar....what an incredible buy. It is the larger size too which feeds our family of 4. I think it is a 26 or 28 oz size jar. Anyway, they had a limit but I went several times during the sale and stocked up. The lids were marked with a best by date so I knew that they had a long shelf life. It has been so handy to have a lot of that sauce on hand. What I do for a real quick/easy meal is buy some of those already cooked/frozen meatballs. I add some of those to a jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce, heat well, cook up spaghetti, make some garlic bread and tossed salad (if we desire) and dinner is on the table very quickly plus we all love it!

Francisco Rinaldi...hands down! But one time I bought the hunt's tomato sauce and followed the recipe for homemade sauce....now I use one can of sauce (Roasted Garlic flavored, same for pizza) instead of two and replace the other with diced tomatoes (italian seasoned.) Since I always have minced garlic, italian seasoning, brown sugar and olive oil, it comes up to less than a dollar per batch (F.R. is at my Winco store for 98cents; homemade rounds out to $.78) and no high fructose corn syrup and MSG! Sometimes I throw in spinach on both pizza and spaghetti sauce for flavor and Vita C.

Spaghetti Sauce in Terracota Pot
Spaghetti Sauce Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsAugust 4, 2006
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Hand placing basil leaves in pan of spaghettis sauce on stove
Making Spaghetti Sauce Less Sweet
Bottled Water
Saving Money on Bottled Water
Pan of spaghetti sauce with jar of chili sauce and tomatoes in front
Fixing Over Spiced Spaghetti Sauce
🎄