Granny Quilt With Novelty Prints

I had a lot of novelty print scraps of fabric. I started cutting my scraps into 1 1/2 inch strips for rag rugs. Then I thought, "What better use can I get of these cute motifs?", a quilt of course. Then I sewed squares together using a piece with a picture on for the center and built around it to get it the size I wanted to use in the quilt. I decided 9 inch squares would work. Some pieces were already cut into 1 1/2 strips strips so I used them too. I had cows, ants, hearts, tractors, lady buds, flowers, trains, teddy bears, bunnies, doggies, sheep, western, apples, and frogs; anything a youngster would love to look at and talk about. I decided it would be my granny quilt for a child to use as a learning tool. However, it got a little big and turned out to be a full size quilt. I guess I was having too much fun.

By D.Lockwood from Millbury

Fussy cut quilt.
Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I made something for my son who retired from the navy. I saved all the sweatshirts and t-shirts both he and I purchased over the 22 years he was in. Well I made a quilt out of them and needless to say he was very moved. Out of one of my favorit sweatshirt I made a feather filled pillow also. He was totally moved. Made me feel extra special too.

THIS IS GEORGEUS.I WANT TO START QUILTING.IF YOU WOULD SHARE YOUR INSTRUCTIONS WITH ME I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.MAY GOD BLESS YOU. DEBBIE IN TENN

redbarn816@yahoo.com

Your quilt came out great! Your children will treasure it in the years to come.

Comment

Nine patch block and tools for quilting.
Making a Patchwork Quilt
Crafts Quilting IdeasJune 11, 2008
Granny Square Heart
Crocheted Granny Square Heart
crochet granny square in blues and white
Projects Using Crocheted Granny Squares
Scrap Quilt
Scrap Quilt Ideas
Granny Square Patterns
Granny Square Patterns
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 27, 2016 at 11:08:49 PM on 10.0.1.190 in 301 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.