Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Granny Quilt With Novelty Prints

Fussy cut quilt.

I had a lot of novelty print scraps of fabric. I started cutting my scraps into 1 1/2 inch strips for rag rugs. Then I thought, "What better use can I get of these cute motifs?", a quilt of course. Then I sewed squares together using a piece with a picture on for the center and built around it to get it the size I wanted to use in the quilt. I decided 9 inch squares would work. Some pieces were already cut into 1 1/2 strips strips so I used them too. I had cows, ants, hearts, tractors, lady buds. flowers, trains, teddy bears, bunnies, doggies, sheep, western, apples, frogs; anything a youngster would love to look at and talk about. I decided it would be my granny quilt for a child to use as a learning tool. However, it got a little big and turned out to be a full size quilt. I guess I was having too much fun.

By D.Lockwood from Millbury

By

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Trish Sablic06/12/2008

Your quilt came out great! Your children will treasure it in the years to come.

By Debra Williams [42]06/11/2008

THIS IS GEORGEUS.I WANT TO START QUILTING.IF YOU WOULD SHARE YOUR INSTRUCTIONS WITH ME I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.MAY GOD BLESS YOU. DEBBIE IN TENN
redbarn816@yahoo.com

By louise (Guest Post)06/11/2008

I made something for my son who retired from the navy. I saved all the sweatshirts and t-shirts both he and I purchased over the 22 years he was in. Well I made a quilt out of them and needless to say he was very moved. Out of one of my favorit sweatshirt I made a feather filled pillow also. He was totally moved. Made me feel extra special too.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.