Guess What You Are Buying Me For Christmas?

This is only a tip if you consider getting something you'd like for Christmas, but someone else buys it. My youngest son is now 37. When he was about 10, I took the kids to do 'their' shopping for the family. Each one was allowed $5 per person. We were at Kmart looking through boxes of framed pictures. I found one of a tall ship. I had started collecting these ships, pictures, models, etc. We weren't looking for anyone in particular up to that point. I looked at my son and said, "Guess what you are buying me for Christmas?"

By knitter from Bloomington, Illinois

This brought a smile to my face....remembering one year when my husband brought in several wrapped packages and put them under the tree. I asked him who they were for, and he said, "These are to me....from you!" So that was the year that I didn't know what I got him for Christmas until he opened them on Christmas morning. But I guess that he really didn't enjoy having no surprises because that was the only time that happened in our house!

Harlean from Arkansas

Happy Holidays to all you ThriftyFun folks!

Holidays and Parties Christmas MiscellaneousDecember 20, 2007
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Homemade Postage Scale
Making a Homemade Postage Scale
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 25, 2016 at 2:31:56 AM on in 926 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.