Browsing: Removing Tough Smells from Laundry

Getting Rid of Tough Smells in Clothing

To get tough smells out of clothing, use a touch of Pine Sol in the normal wash cycle along with your regular washing detergent. The Pine Sol smell won't be there (unless you use too much) and the bad odor will be gone as well.

By Sandi

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

A "touch" of pine sol? How much is a "touch"?

I would try a couple cap fulls. I personally like Vinegar, though. Just add between a 1/2 cup and 1 cup of white vinegar depending on the size of the load.

I don't know about y'all but I wouldn't want my clothes smelling like Pine Sol. I can't imagine something could possibly smell worse. It smells like the stuff the janitor used to bring in your classroom when a kid threw up. And I still don't know which smelled worse.

I don't want to wash a borrowed dress but it smells like BO is there a trick to get out the stinkies

I wrote earlier about a BO left over dress that came back from the dry cleaners from a friend. I had success in getting the stink out by using dog stain & odor removal. I then had to wash the silk/rayon dress. I used a product that I use on my washable silk. The dress is now 'odor free' again!

I am so happy. If you have a pet, you probably have an odor neutralizing product already! I then knew I had to gently wash the dress ( fingers crossed), and all is fine again! Wanted to share this info for others with this problem!

A girl cleaning stinky laundry.
Removing Tough Smells from Laundry
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryOctober 22, 2004
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Photo of a woman cleaning a toilet.
Preventing and Cleaning Toilet Rings
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 5:04:18 PM on 10.0.0.194 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.