Furniture Left Scuff Marks on Hardwood Floor

How can I get marks off of my white oak hardwood floor, the polyurethane is scuffed? I moved a piece of furniture and have these clear marks on my floor!

My dad uses a tennis ball on the end of a broom handle. He "scrubs" it with the tennis ball and they come out. I have never tried it though. Good Luck!

Thanks, I tried the tennis ball and it didn't work????

My first thought was try an eraser, like what you used to use at school. If your local Target or Wal-mart doesn't have them, try a stationery, office supply store or artist or craft supply store. Most dollar stores have these erasers, too.

If you have mobility problems like I do, you might need to find a way to affix the eraser to a "handle" of sorts. I'd put a longish nail through the eraser and then gently affix it to a wooden broom handle. Or if you can, just get down there and go for it.

This might take a bit of "elbow grease," but should work.

Best wishes, JustPlainJo

Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsDecember 10, 2008
White Walls
Removing Scuff Marks on Walls
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors