FloorsHome

Furniture Left Scuff Marks on Hardwood Floor

How can I get marks off of my white oak hardwood floor, the polyurethane is scuffed? I moved a piece of furniture and have these clear marks on my floor!

Lisa

My dad uses a tennis ball on the end of a broom handle. He "scrubs" it with the tennis ball and they come out. I have never tried it though. Good Luck!

Thanks, I tried the tennis ball and it didn't work????

My first thought was try an eraser, like what you used to use at school. If your local Target or Wal-mart doesn't have them, try a stationery, office supply store or artist or craft supply store. Most dollar stores have these erasers, too.

If you have mobility problems like I do, you might need to find a way to affix the eraser to a "handle" of sorts. I'd put a longish nail through the eraser and then gently affix it to a wooden broom handle. Or if you can, just get down there and go for it.

This might take a bit of "elbow grease," but should work.

Best wishes, JustPlainJo