Bittersweet Not Blooming

I bought Bittersweet at a reputable gardening shop and planted it. It has been three years and had grown wonderful with lots of leaves and vines but no blooms. Does anyone know why this happens and what I can do to get the Bittersweet to finally bloom?

Pattie McIntyre from Bridgton, Maine

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Hi,I grew bittersweet a while back and I think you need a male and a female plant to pollinate.Didn't they tell you that at the nursery.I may be wrong but that is what I was told.

Yes, you need both a male and female plant for blooms. Once you remedy this, you will have LOTS of blooms. Good luck!

Ok, next question. How do you know you are buying a female and a male? I guess I need to know what I have growing now....Archie or Veronica! LOL!

bittersweet
Bittersweet Not Blooming
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersApril 23, 2007
Crepe Myrtle Not Blooming
Crepe Myrtle Not Blooming
Bittersweet
Growing Bittersweet
Tomato Plants Not Blooming
Tomato Plants Not Blooming
Hydrangea Not Blooming
Hydrangea Not Blooming
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 8:48:57 PM on 10.0.1.175 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.