Using Baking Soda to Remove Hairspray from Your Hair

Category Washing
Baking Sod
Adding baking soda to your shampoo can help remove all of the hairspray residue in your hair. This is a guide about using baking soda to remove hairspray from your hair.

How many times do you need to wash your hair with baking soda before all the hairspray residue is gone? I've washed it 3 times now and there is still some there, (my hair has been suffering with hairspray residue for over 12 months).

I've had to buy some Aussie Miracle Treatment conditioner, because the baking soda dried my hair out terribly. If you add some baking soda to hot water and soak your brushes, you can watch all the hairspray bubble. Yuk.

By Nutttytart from Doncaster

Answers

Best Answer

As a licensed cosmetologist I recommend baking soda and dawn, in paste form. Every week until all residue is gone then every 3 months for maintenance. If you have naturally oily hair I also recommend tree tea shampoo once a week to control build up, My favorite moisturizing shampoo is Moisture Maniac by BEd head. Avoid buying it at drug stores and such go to a salon and buy it there. I know most walmart salons carry it. You can sometimes get ans liter of shampoo and conditioner for 20.00 cheap you do not have to use as much because it is professional it should be your everyday shampoo to keep your dry from drying out. Lastly I would recommend a light hold hairspray such as Paul Mitchell's work it out.

Another avenue would be to use a good clarifying shampoo Sally's Beauty can help you with that. it is always good to deep clean your hair ever so often to get minerals from hard water out, build up from hair care products.

Put about a tablespoon of baking soda in your hand and then add your shampoo. Wash your hair and it will get rid of all the hair spray, gel, etc. that has stayed in your hair. It will come out extremely clean. Then use your conditioner too.

By Ginny

Answers:

Removing Hairspray Build Up

The best way I've found to remove hairspray build-up is to mix 1/4 cup of baking soda with enough vinegar to make a foamy paste, put it onto dry hair with fingertips and leave on for at least 5 minutes. Then wash and condition as usual.

By Diana Mc. (12/29/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Use Baking Soda to Remove Hairspray from Your Hair

My hairdressor said the best thing to use for hairspray buildup is just plain baking soda with a little water to make a paste. It works great. (12/29/2004)

By Donna J.

Use Baking Soda to keep color from fading

Using baking soda once a week mixed with clarifying shampoo will keep the color from fading, so quickly. I just mix a couple of tablespoons of baking soda with my shampoo. Then, I follow with the conditioner. (08/01/2008)

By E. Weeks