Scenery: Railroad Bridge And Trestle (Canton, OH)

I was an interested observer watching construction of this new trestle and railroad bridge in Canton, OH. I'm not quite clear on the purpose of the 'extra' rails between the regular rails. Some sort of a safety system I'd say. Possibly only used on bridges over water?

By Chazz

Very cool photograph! The extra rails are for bridge strain support and most likely used whether over water or high above dry land. A thumbs up photo. :-)

Hmm, and I was thinking it was a sort-of fail safe or redundant system since the bridge collapsed and killed so many people a couple of years ago. I think that was in Michigan.

Photos ScenerySeptember 20, 2010
Model Railroad
Making Your Own Model Railroad Structures
using a laptop
Using Translation Websites
covered bridge
Parke County, Indiana Frugal Travel Guide
Using Railroad Ties in Landscaping, Stack of Railroad Ties
Using Railroad Ties in Landscaping