Always Buy the Same Brand of Socks

Always buy the same brand of socks. Then when finding a sock with a hole in it, do not throw away the pair. Instead save the sock without the hole and when a hole is discovered later in another pair, use the two remaining socks to make another pair.

By Noella from Bolivar, MO

Been doing this for Years,

Is an Excellent way to save some money

You don't just darn the sock? I keep a needle threaded with white thread so I can mend a hole in a sock when I first notice it. When they get too worn out, they become rags for dusting and polishing.

I had some grandsons to help with caring for the regular needs. So I was looking at socks and it was an area that needed help. The big concern is the sour wet socks of teens there is so little you can do about this. We tried a few things. The results are no hope, boys will go through socks.

Blue striped socks.
Saving Money on Socks
Consumer Advice Clothing BuyingFebruary 8, 2008
Pairs of Baby Socks on a Clothesline
Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash
Making a Sock Quilt
Uses for Unmatched Socks, Small Pile of Unmatched Socks
Uses for Unmatched Socks
A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks