Use A Tub As A Puppy Bed

My husband brought home a small puppy, who needed a bed. I took a small bin I use to soak light laundry, and turned it into a bed for our new puppy Luke. I put an old flannel pillow case in and folded it over to make a soft bed for him. My husband made a small door way so he could go in and out of it. Little Luke loves it. It's perfect for his size since he's about 2 pounds.

By Belen from Jacksonville, FL

Use A Tub As A Puppy Bed

Really good idea Belen. Good job!

We had to do very much the same thing for a friend's kitty that we kept one weekend. The cat taxi he was brought to us in was just too small for him for long at the time, so my hubby took one of those giant storage bin tubs with lids, and cut a hole a little ways up the front of it, then we added a pillow and a flannel baby blanket. Spike went in and pretty much made that his "home away from home" the entire weekend. I do think leaving the lid in place helped as it was nice and warm and a bit dark in there. He must have felt safe.

Our "Kit" and "Tyson" were very nice to him, but he didn't like being in a strange place, I guess, and felt uncomfortable. He did condescend to come to eat at mealtime though, and he was very nicely housebroken, so it all worked out.

Your idea will work for any small doggie or kitty and I'll remember it. Thank you for sharing and good luck with your new Little Luke. We wish you many happy years together.

Thumbs UP.

Pets Dogs AdviceDecember 15, 2010
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub