Rock Star Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter is having her 13th birthday party Sept. 19th. She wants to do a rock star theme. I was wanting to know if anyone had any ideas how to decorate and some of the things I can do to entertain the kids? We are going to have Karaoke and music. I want the kids to have a blast. Any other ideas?

By Lynn39 from Blackwell, MO

Best Answer

This might be a "gimme," but get your hands on a video game system and Guitar Hero or Rock Band. Preferably with all the different instruments (guitar, microphone, drums). I think most sets come with just one guitar, but will take two if you can get an add'l guitar. And FYI, we can use our Rock Band guitar and microphone with the Guitar Hero games (don't use the drums much in our house, and never tried GH guitar with Rock Band). They're a lot of fun!

Maybe pick up some fun things they can wear while performing. Sunglasses. Scarves. A couple wigs and hats (if that doesn't weird you out). These things don't need to be expensive; you could probably find some funky vests or jackets at a thrift store.

If you can get some strobe lights, that might help set the mood (they might have small ones in the Halloween departments that have been popping up).

As for food, I'm thinking teenagers will be happy with just about any "junk" food. Pizza comes to mind. I'm not sure how you could make that more special or dress it up for the birthday, but just about any kid will devour it.

If I think of anything else, I'll pop back and share. Best of luck, and have a blast with the party!

This doesn't exactly go with the rock-band theme, but my daughter did this at her wedding: origami.

Not sure where she found these, but every table had little scrolls in a basket. Printed on each scroll was an origami pattern with directions. The origami creations would work as party favors, and shouldn't cost much to print from the internet. Just go to your fave search engine and type "origami" into the edit box.

My daughter had a rock star theme for her 8th birthday but you could use the same ideas. We had Karaoke but also had judges (such as in XFactor or American Idol).

We played games such as dancing and singing competitions with the prizes being medals or pink blow up guitars. We served a party buffet on rock star party ware along with plastic champagne glasses filled with pink lemonade (pretending to be pink champagne!)

For the favors I gave everyone a pink plastic microphone along with sunglasses and also a mini disco ball keyring.

Young girl wearing hot pink wig singing into hairbrush against a white background
Planning a Pop Star Birthday Party
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdaySeptember 8, 2009
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Homemade rock candy.
Homemade Rock Candy
array of stars
Making a 5 Point Crochet Star
🎉
🎄