Skunk Spray Stained Vehicle Paint

My car was sprayed by a skunk and it visibly stained the paint. Any ideas on how to remove the stain? I have tried a finish restorer and a commercial grade tar and road grime cleaner.

Paul from Avon, MN

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Ashley 09/29/2008

I have never had this happen to me but I have an idea. A friend of mine used one of those "Magic Erasers" to fix a scratch on her car (or to make it less noticeable). Please be careful and maybe use it on a part of your car that's not visible to make sure it doesn't peel the paint off or anything! Good luck and let me know if it works.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Harry (Guest Post) 09/29/2008

I would use a liquid compound product available at atuo stores. You can apply and rub by hand using a cloth or a buffing machine if you have one. If you don't have these products take the car to a auto reconditioner listed in the yellow pages. They could do it for you while you wait but they may charge a couple of bucks. Last resort is to take the car to an auto body shop and get their opinion.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Emily 07/15/2010

Paul, I have had the same thing happen to my Classic truck. What did you end up doing to get rid of the stain?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No