Skunk Spray Stained Vehicle Paint

My car was sprayed by a skunk and it visibly stained the paint. Any ideas on how to remove the stain? I have tried a finish restorer and a commercial grade tar and road grime cleaner.

Paul from Avon, MN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have never had this happen to me but I have an idea. A friend of mine used one of those "Magic Erasers" to fix a scratch on her car (or to make it less noticeable). Please be careful and maybe use it on a part of your car that's not visible to make sure it doesn't peel the paint off or anything! Good luck and let me know if it works.

I would use a liquid compound product available at atuo stores. You can apply and rub by hand using a cloth or a buffing machine if you have one. If you don't have these products take the car to a auto reconditioner listed in the yellow pages. They could do it for you while you wait but they may charge a couple of bucks. Last resort is to take the car to an auto body shop and get their opinion.

Paul, I have had the same thing happen to my Classic truck. What did you end up doing to get rid of the stain?

Answer

Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning OutsideSeptember 29, 2008
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
A plastic basket of laundry.
Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 11:43:14 PM on 10.0.1.78 in 800 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.