Yellow Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting

I love peanut butter. When I was a child I would go to my aunt's and she would have peanut butter cake; it was so good. She passed away a few years ago and I had never gotten the recipe for peanut butter frosting. So, I searched and found one and tried it. It wasn't as good as I remembered hers, but I have played with this recipe and it is good! Hope you like it, too.

• Duncan Hines yellow cake mix (mix and bake according to package directions)
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy)
  • 1 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cap full vegetable oil

Bake and cool box cake. In a pan, combine all ingredients and cook slowly, stirring constantly because it will stick easily. Bring to hard boil, and cook for approximately 5 minutes.

Note: Drop a bit of frosting into a cup of cold water. If it balls in water and doesn't separate, it is done. Let cool for a few minutes and then cover cake layers . Enjoy!

By Robin from Eatonton, GA

I was thrilled to find a recipe for peanut butter frosting. It was the first thing I made Saturday morning. What I technically cooked up was hard fudge. I followed the directions to a T. I believe the sitter called it "rock candy". Good idea, bad ending. The icing has to be removed from the cake before the cake can be eaten. The icing is edible, it's good.

Cupcake with peanut butter frosting.
Peanut Butter Frosting Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes Frosting and IcingMarch 12, 2011
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes