Removing Possum Urine Odor

How do I get rid of possum urine smell from timber handrail?

By Susanne from Blue Mtns, NSW Australia

February 27, 2011 Flag

How do you get rid off possum urine odor?

Wilma

Answers:

Removing Possum Urine Odor

If it's possible, since both floor and walls hard washable, maybe you could use a pump spray washer on it, then scrub it with a brush and rinse again. If possible sweep the water out the door, let air dry, and sit fans down there to help dry. Clorox kills germs and smells. You could use lemon scented Clorox with a bit of dish detergent and just ventilate the room well, so the fumes do not over come you. When all done and dry, spray Lysol all over the walls and floors. It kills more germs and leaves a pleasant smell. You can also stick up stick on air freshers every where high and low. (12/31/2007)

By theseamstress

Removing Possum Urine Odor

A bottle of Lysol disinfectant concentrate (brown bottle abt. $3.00) with a little water. My mother-in-law used this on cat urine on baseboards in a house they purchased and it went away. Each time it rained after two bottles were used, there was no further odor.

I also like luvvy's advice as peroxide lifts/removes blood in fabric and disinfects too and is much cheaper. (01/01/2008)

By Lorelei

Removing Possum Urine Odor

I have found an awesome cleaning product at the Dollar General Store. I tell you this stuff cleans everything. It is called Truly Amazing. It is only a dollar a bottle. I was skeptical at first, but the lady that was telling me about swears by it so I thought OK I will give it a try. Boy was I surprised. I would try this product. It says it gets out pet odors. What do you have to lose, but a dollar? (01/01/2008)

By Janette

Removing Possum Urine Odor

Try white vinegar. (01/07/2008)

By Carla

December 31, 2007 Flag

Can someone please tell me how to remove opossum pee smell from my basement as well as dead opossum smell. The floor is concrete and walls are cinder blocks. It is an awful smell and I am getting sick from it

Mary C. from PA

Answers:

This is a cheap method that MAY or may NOT help...!

Not exactly sure about possum, but CAT PEE is the worst & this is a personally tried-&-true remedy that I've used MANY times. I PROMISE it works on Cat urine, so can't hurt to try on possum!

Mix drugstore hydrogen peroxide & baking soda together {about 1 part baking soda to 3 or 4 parts peroxide}. Pour or spray on the area & VOILA! GONE!

Kills the odor almost instantly. If not, reapply until it's gone!

Used it on my mattress, carpet, a lovely couch, etc. It doesn't seem to cause any spotting problems at all!

WARNING!.Mix only enough to cover what you need. The mixture has a tendency to fizz a lot. If left in the bottle COULD Explode or at least pop the top off so & pour out any remaining! (10/26/2007)

By luvvy

Removing Opossum Urine Smell

I had a tom cat that for some reason kept spraying inside the house, although he was mostly outside during the day. I found using Napthalene flakes very effective. I sprinkled them over the 'sprayed' area and left it overnight, vacuumed it up then wiped it with undiluted pine disinfectant. The smell was gone the next day. (Care should be taken on light colored carpets when using pine disinfectant.)

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) Napthalene is very toxic and can cause problems with blood cells in humans and animals. I'd be afraid to use this anywhere inside or with kids or pets around. (10/27/2007)

By Joycie From Australia

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsFebruary 27, 2011
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Cleaning Toilet
Removing Urine Odor from a Bathroom
A cat sitting on a couch.
Removing Cat Urine Odor from a Couch
🎉
🎄