Wildlife: Red Cardinals in the Snow

Red cardinals are so pretty to look at in the snow in the winter. They decorate many calendars and Christmas cards, which is understandable. I hang my feeder close to the kitchen window, which gives me a meal time view of them. They seem to keep the same hours as I do to eat. Enjoy.

By Barb

What a beautiful photo! Thanks for sharing.

He's gorgeous, but I don't think he can get to the seeds too easily through the snow on this feeder. I love feeding birds in winter, too, and we need to remember to brush the snow away from the ports or openings where the seed comes out so the birds are able to eat. Sometimes I use a popsicle stick to dig the snow and ice away and free up the seeds so they start flowing again, the birds really seem to appreciate it and land on the feeder even before I get back in my door. :-)

Go Cardinals, AZ football team.

Just beautiful!

I don't see too many cardinals where I live, but when I do, I always consider them a sign of good luck! You should use this photo to make your own Christmas cards, it's a perfect picture.

See, I told you Barb, Everyone loves the red birds of winter. Hugs, Vi

Cardinal in a tree.
Cardinal Information and Photos
Photos WildlifeDecember 10, 2010
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
grosbeaks in the snow eating
Wild Bird Photos
🎉
🎄