Buy Large Containers of Yogurt

I used to regularly buy the small 6-8 oz. yogurts for my lunch. I would spend quite a bit on yogurt over a month's time. I have begun buying a large 40 oz. container, then spooning a serving's worth into a small yogurt container. I can take it easily in my lunch, it is much more cost effective, and I'm not throwing as many yogurt containers away. Plus, if I buy the plain or vanilla kind, I can add my own fruits and enjoy a much healthier, lower-sugar version of flavored yogurt. I add all sorts of fruit I wouldn't otherwise find available with yogurt, like pineapple or mango.

Source: my grandmother

By Sarah W. from East Lansing, MI

I also buy larger containers of yogurt and transfer to smaller containers, it does cost less especially on sale. We use any flavor yogurt to make healthy smoothies, nice and refreshing.

If you have the time, you could save even more by making your own, it's very easy. Heat a litre of milk to blood heat ( dip in a finger to try, it should feel neither warm nor cold) then whip in a tablespoon of bought yoghurt, and stand the container in a very warm place, or even use your crockpot. Should take about 4 to 6 hours. Also add a little dried milk before the yoghurt for a thicker result. Runny yoghurt which sometimes happens can also make a healthy drink or smoothie, there you'll really be saving yourself money!

I would normally agree with you, but I love the different flavors of yogurt, especially Cinnamon Bun by Yoplait, so what's a girl to do?