Patio and DeckingHome Improvement

Advice for Choosing Patio Pavers

I need advice in deciding what kind of pavers to choose for a patio to be built in a fairly humid climate. My biggest concern is choosing pavers with the longest lifespan, with the cost being a secondary consideration. Are concrete pavers the longest lasting? Or brick? Or natural stone, or something else altogether? I'd love to have some input and any other suggestions from Thrifty Fun readers. Thank you!

Truerblue

Bricks that have been fired in a klin or natual stone is the best bet. I bought pavers from Home depot a few years ago but they did not stand up to the weather here in Maine so I am replacing them with bricks I bought from a brick company.The bricks have been heated in an oven and will stand up to the weather. Home Depot pavers are sand,small stones wimed with cement and air dried. They break up and water erodes them after a few years.

If they are going to be covered with a damp leafy mess in the fall, make sure that the pavers can be swept and not knocked out of place.