Advice for Choosing Patio Pavers

I need advice in deciding what kind of pavers to choose for a patio to be built in a fairly humid climate. My biggest concern is choosing pavers with the longest lifespan, with the cost being a secondary consideration. Are concrete pavers the longest lasting? Or brick? Or natural stone, or something else altogether? I'd love to have some input and any other suggestions from Thrifty Fun readers. Thank you!

Truerblue

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Bricks that have been fired in a klin or natual stone is the best bet. I bought pavers from Home depot a few years ago but they did not stand up to the weather here in Maine so I am replacing them with bricks I bought from a brick company.The bricks have been heated in an oven and will stand up to the weather. Home Depot pavers are sand,small stones wimed with cement and air dried. They break up and water erodes them after a few years.

If they are going to be covered with a damp leafy mess in the fall, make sure that the pavers can be swept and not knocked out of place.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Patio and DeckingJune 20, 2007
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
Weeds Between Pavers
Removing Weeds Between Pavers
Blue Chairs and Table on Patio
Repairing Patio Furniture
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:34:08 AM on 10.0.0.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.