Construction paper and modge podge are all it takes to transform ordinary glass jars into a spooky Halloween setting.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes plus drying
- wide mouthed glass jars
- colored construction paper
- modge podge
- small paint brush
- For the Jack-o-lantern, tear orange construction paper into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Paint modge podge onto glass jar in small sections and apply the the pieces of paper, brush on more modge podge to cover the strips.
- The design of the face can be tricky, just shape the scraps into whatever design you like, spooky, happy, etc. and leave the features clear so the candle light will shine through.
- Let dry an hour or so, insert tea light candle and wait for nightfall!
- You can make several and line your front steps or walkway for a spooky scene.
By Beth from Watertown, MA
October 9, 20080 found this helpful
That is a very cute and easy craft. A good thing about it is the different shaped jars are going to give you a different looking expression on the pumpkin face. Thanks for showing everyone. It is really nice.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 25, 2016 at 7:24:21 AM on 10.0.2.235 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us