Easy Clean Up For Muddy Dogs

It's that time of year when you take your dog out and it's muddy outside. They usually get pretty muddy, so have a box of baby wipes handy. They make quick clean up of the muddy dogs feet, legs, and whatever else is muddy. They not only come clean, but the smell good. Also, the baby wipes are good for their coat.

To make sure the baby wipes stay moist, be sure and leave the box sitting upside down all the time when not using them. I had one box last and stay moist for one whole year. I keep a box right by my door, for when I bring my Sheltie in from being outside in bad weather, summer and winter both.

Have fun and have the sweetest smelling doggie in the neighborhood. This works for cats too.

By Vicki from Marshall, MN

I wonder what's in the wipes & if it's ok to use on dogs. I wouldn't.

I had to chuckle about using wipes on dogs. Not that it isn't a good idea, it is but if you could see my apricot doodle after she has ran around in the wet grass then dug a hole when I wasn't looking, you would say using wipes on her is a waste of money!!!!

I would have to have a wipe the size of a volkswagon!!!!

Sunny looks so pretty after she's had a bath but give her a couple of days and she looks like a grey shag rug. When I bathe her, I have to run three tubs of water just to get her clean. The first two are so muddy I can't see through the water!!!

The little dog laying in the grass is Maggie and she has a really thick coat that sheds like mad. Believe it or not though, she always looks clean even when she isn't.

I have used this method for a couple of years. It works really well. As to safety, they are made for babies, so I figure that is good enough for me. Usually they just contain water and baby oil. I have never had my dogs have any ill effects. You can get the cheapos at any discount store, so I don't worry about how many I have to use.

Thank you for the great idea. We're going through the spring thaw right now and it's not pretty. ;)

I have short haired dogs and the wipes really work well for those in between bath times. I have used baby wipes for years on them with no ill effect. I wipe them down with the wipes and you can see the brown stains on the wipes especially when wiping their backs. Mine like to roll in the yard on the grass or in the dirt. They also smell nice after and have soft fur. I do think they work better on short haired dogs for that all over wipe. The cost is not that expensive for the wipes considering the benefit of having a cleaner and better smelling dog and not to have to give them a bath right then and there. Bath time can be put off for a another more convenient time.

Grooming Your Dog, Cocker puppy in a tub with a rubber duckie.
Grooming Your Dog
Pets GroomingNovember 6, 2006
"Puppy Love" Puppy Chow
Puppy Chow Snack Recipes
Muddy Yard
Fixing a Muddy Yard
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Muddy boots.
Cleaning Muddy Footprints on Carpet