Cleaning Your Hair Dryer

Category Appliances
Black Hair Dryer
Hair dryers can collect lint, hair and dust on their incoming air vents, that can reduce the drying air flow. This guide is about cleaning your hair dryer.

Taking care of hair appliances is important considering how much we pay for things some use daily. When the occasion arises and I need mine, nothing is more frustrating than if it is not working properly.

The lint build up in a blow dryer can cause it to heat up. The screen in mine was very hard to reach because of the plastic bars on top. I could clean the lint catcher on top, but not the under one.

I tried a small dental brush that is used to clean between braces and bridgework, and it worked great! You can get these at the dollar store in the toothpaste section. They have a plastic handle with a small wire brush on the end. No more clogged hair dryer.

Source: This is my own tip

By linda from Port Orchard, WA

I've found that my hair dryer will last years if I make sure to clean the lint, dust, and hair from the vented area. If the vent does not come apart you can clean or brush it with a stiff brush. Of course do not use water, unless it's unplugged and make sure it drys completely. ;-)

By Tina

Use a clean soft paint brush to remove hair & fuzz collected on the back area of an electric hair dryer. Works great.

By Mdipert

To clean my dryer filter after every use, I use a 2 1/2 inch cheap paint brush (dollar store brushes are perfect) to sweep across it, it gets most of the lint and it took only seconds since I brush it right into a garbage pail. I also use it to brush off the top of my dryer when it needs it.

By Sandy from Harwood Heights, IL