Travel Tic Tac Toe Game

Traveling with children on long trips is sometimes a difficult task for them and they often get bored. I made this quick and easy game for my grandchildren to keep them entertained while traveling and no lost pieces!

Approximate Time: 30 minutes plus drying

• 5x7 magnetic sheet
  • 10 small round magnets
  • pre-cut foam X's and O's
  • ribbon
  • glue
  • tin container, if desired

1. Cut 4 lengths of ribbon long enough to fold ends under. Lay out in tic tac toe fashion on hard surface.
  2. Peel off paper from sticky side of magnetic sheet and lay on top of ribbon with sticky side facing you. Take ends of ribbon and secure to sticky side. I put a few dabs of glue under ribbon to ensure they stay stuck. Flip it over to front side. Now your game board is done!
  3. I originally used the magnetic sheet for the backs of the Xs and Os, but found they did not magnetize to the board well enough. So I used small round magnets which worked out very well and also raises each up higher, allowing the pieces to be grabbed by little hands easier.
  4. Ad

5. You will need a total of 10 pieces. 5 of Xs and 5 of Os. Either use 2 pre-cut pieces for each, sticking them back to back or just leave the paper backing on one piece each. Glue a round magnet on the back of each piece. Now your game is complete!
  6. I found a shallow rectangle tin in a thrift shop that the game fit into. I glued the gameboard inside to the bottom half and let the game pieces stick to the inside of the lid. The box can be left in the car so it's always there for the kids to play with and you never lose any pieces!

Happy Travels!

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

So clever!

Instead of buying magnets for crafts, I keep magnetic business cards and advertisements to cut to size and re-use.

black board with pink markers
Making a Tic Tac Toe Board
Crafts ToysMarch 7, 2011
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Family in Car Leaving in Winter
Saving Money on Holiday Travel
Tic Tac Container
Uses for Tic Tac Containers
wood and rope ring toss game
Ring Toss Game Ideas