Wedding and Reception Locations in Maryland

I am looking for a wedding and reception site, preferably on the water, with catering available at the venue. It is going to be a small wedding of 60 people and we would only like to spend around $75 a person to include the site as well. So basically maybe $5 to $7 thousand. If you have any suggestions all is very much appreciated. Thank you!

By Patricia from Bel Air, MD

My daughter and son-in-law had a beautiful wedding at Greenwell State Park. It has a historical house, beautiful gardens and view out to the St Mary's River or maybe it is the Chesapeake bay, not sure.

January 17, 2012 Flag

I live just outside of Annapolis and need a place to hold the wedding and reception. The wedding is in 2 years and I have a budget of preferably under $3000 but no more than $5000. It's not like money laying around to spend so I have to save up. I want to be able to have drinking there as well, so churches are out of the question. I did try the local American Legion and the price was about right so it may be held there. But I want other places I can look over at. I have a party of no more than 100 people so the facility must accommodate that. As far as food it can be prepared by the site or I can bring my own. I prefer on site with people to clean up lol.

By goneplumcrazy from Crownsville, MD

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My sister and I didn't want the usual kind of reception so this is what we did. She had her reception in a mansion. Being in a college town, the college owned several mansion size homes that they used for their own receptions/parties. You may want to contact a college near you and see if they will rent out. She also used their catering, hired a piano player and had a beautiful, romantic reception. The guests could walk around the lovely home and mingle instead of being stuck in a chair.

I had my reception in an old downtown business building. The businesses were located around the perimeter of the building and the inner part was like a big empty room opened to the third floor. The reception was on a Saturday when the businesses were closed. I had it privately catered with organic food only, simple music, and tables that seated only four people. Both these places allowed alcohol. We also had our weddings early in the day (11:00 am and 2pm) which allowed for us to celebrate all day, our guests didn't get intoxicated (didn't have to worry about anyone driving home), no one had to get hotels rooms, and grandparents didn't have to leave early because they were too tired.

It's just another take on what you can do with a wedding. My husband and I went and had pictures taken at a beautiful park, opened our gifts back at my moms house with relatives around, and had reservations on a riverboat restaurant for dinner that night that we went with our wedding attire on and received drinks on the house. It was a wonderful, long day.

April 22, 2010 Flag

Where can I find a nice place to have a wedding ceremony and reception in the same area/place for a price of $1000 to $2000 in Maryland or DC?

Shenise from Hyattsville, MD

This is going to be tough in our area because of the high incomes here, but some choices for you might be to look at some parks local close to you, churches with fellowship halls, or getting married at home if that is an option available.

Small hors d'oeuvres, finger sandwiches and cake are wonderful options for a tea time (2 to 3 PM time frame) wedding and would be very elegant! Another option is to have the people that are most important to you at your wedding, sometimes small and intimate is best. Have a dinner at a local restaurant and then have a barbecue to celebrate your nuptials at a later date.

Most people understand the cost of a wedding. In our case, the only person who really didn't understand the costs associated with the day was the mother of the groom. I finally had to get tough with her and told her if she wanted more than we could do, she would have to pay for her guests. I never heard another word. My daughter was happy because she wanted the focus on her and her hubby, not standing in a receiving line meeting people she didn't know. (02/11/2009)

By THE IslandGirl

I'd definitely try church halls; they are often rented out cheaper than standard reception halls. Some often have gymnasiums that they'll rent out too (also by the church). Our minister often marries individuals who are not members and allows them to use our hall for their reception.

Noon or early afternoon weddings are big around here; no dinner is served--just cake, nuts, mints, and maybe cookies. Punch is served, but no alcohol. A large fruit salad is also a nice addition. (02/11/2009)

By susanmajp

Maryland Wedding
Maryland Wedding Locations
Weddings PlanningNovember 23, 2010
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Maryland Christmas Charities
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas