Trouble Downloading on the Internet

I hope someone can help me. When I go to download something or go to a coupon page to get coupons when I hit download the screen automatically goes blank and at the bottom left hand side it says Done - without even downloading. I was always able to download before through Adobe and now it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way to find out if I still have Adobe on my computer and could there be something on here that is causing it to be blocked?

Vicky from Canadensis, PA

To find out if you have Adobe installed, go to the START menu, click programs and click ADOBE and click the icon for it. If the box comes up searching and finds nothing, then it has been un-installed or corrupted and is no longer functioning. Attempt to un-install the fragments left and re-install the program. If that doesn't work, then go to and download the free version of belarc which should be something like 7.2 or better. Install this and it will automatically bring up a browser window with a complete listing of every program installed on your computer, including spyware and malware. See if your ADOBE is listed there. If it isn't, then re-install it. If it is, then click on the listing there and it will take you directly to where ADOBE is on your computer. If you are using, they have to use Explorer with the lastest version of ActiveX,which would be for Windows ME, IE 6.5 or for XP and above,version 7. Finally if you are trying to download files as PDF files, go to and click downloads and choose between the stand alone reader or the browser specific reader you are using ( Firefox, Mozilla, or Netscape) and once installed you will be able to read PDF files automatically. Good luck!

Hi, try holding down the Crtl key when you hit that download, if popup blocker is installed it might be stopping that page. Good luck

Similar problem, all the re downloading did not change it. They said it was due to my computer and printer being 5 yrs old. Upgraded because I WANTED to, and now I do not have this problem. I think software changes and they don't hang onto things for us who keep our computers longer.

Computers TroubleshootingOctober 12, 2007
Girl Downloading Music
Tips for Downloading Music
family playing video games
Downloading Game Software
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens