Flea Prevention Saves Money

Prevention and maintenance are the keys to saving money in many areas. For example: I failed to use the between-the-shoulder-blades flea preventative on my dog this summer (costs about $15 per treatment). As a result, I had to deal with a nasty flea infestation.

I had to rent a carpet cleaner ($25), take the dog to the groomer ($45. I tried home "flea baths" - it didn't work after 3 tries) and buy a "flea bomb" for the house ($10)

By Leann D

Leann,

I agree completely. I keep my indoor dogs on Frontline all year, along with their heartworm preventative. No worries here, it is called peace of mind!

Also, I know my two indoor cats are protected from fleas since the dogs are treated. Money in the bank.

Thanks for pointing this out

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

Prevention is only way to go, true. 15 bucks a mo. is a LOT for many folks in our great country... would like to turn them on to places like Big Lots, where we find flea/tick control products for 5 bucks AND LESS depending on dog size (also have it for cats in our areas - CO and TX) for a 3 mo. supply. This stuff is not out-dated, and if you check the ingredients list it is just what your vet is selling... for a much cheaper price. Gets fleas, ticks, and skeeters, too! Used on my dogs, with our vet's approval, for over 2 years with perfect results.

Over the past 4 summers I've tried all of the expensive and non-expensive remedies for fleas. I have read up on the subject enough to be an expert and still cannot get rid of fleas. Just picture yourself applying the product on your pet. The pet goes into an area full of fleas. The fleas don't detect the "flea protectant" and jump onto the pet anyway. The expensive products may work on the application site, but not on the rest of the pet's body. I have 6 cats. I know.