Use Bells To Avoid Losing Keys

Do you happen to use a key ring that separates? Have you ever lost part of your keys? I have.

My ignition key also unlocks my doors, I also have a remote control for the door locks. I use a carabiner as a key ring so that I can leave my car running while still able to lock the doors. Doing this though I have temporarily lost my ignition key a few times.

I now use the same trick I used on my Mother who was always losing her whole set of keys. For Mom, I used a bell I bought from a pet store that was for a parrot. I now put a mini cow bell on my ignition key. If the key drops off my ring while pulling my keys out of my pocket for any reason it makes enough noise hitting the floor or ground that I no longer just keep walking away.

And although my kids are now grown, when they were small I would use the old trick of bells on their shoes to be able to hear them.

By Echos from Johnson City, TN

This would have worked great for me when I recently lost my house key off my key chain. ...Where? I have no clue...

Just be careful and don't put anything too heavy on your key chain; it can damage the part where the key goes in. Sorry can't remember what it's called. A mechanic friend gave me this advice.

Keys on Keyring
Keeping Track of Your Keys
Organizing Memory TricksJanuary 16, 2008
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
Various keys hanging from hooks.
Organizing Keys
Keys hanging on a row of hooks.
Remembering Your Keys
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 5:17:48 AM on in 945 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.