Maggie (Australian Shepherd/Chow)

Maggie (short for Magnum PI) is about 3 or 4 years old. The shelter said she was Australian Shepard/Chow Chow mix We adopted her from Table Mesa Animal Shelter about 6 months ago. She loves to squeak.... with her squeaky toys. She also loves to herd the small dogs at the dog park and go for long walks around the lake where there are lots of geese.

I have no idea why someone would have "lost" her! She is so sweet and gentle, smart and fun!

By Becks from Denver, CO

ohhh, what a sweet looking dog!! Sure looks soft and friendly! It's great that she's found such a nice home with you!

Hi Becks

Maggie is adorable is that a cat's ear in the right hand corner of the picture????

Liz

Cute and darling face!!! People are so odd, putting dogs out or abandoning them. I have a rescued dog who was left without food or water in his kennel in an empty apt. and now she has been with us over a year and is the BEST pet. I consider mine a little bundle of love from God.

This looks a lot like our Maggie here at Thrifty Fun. She was found tied to a shelter fence. She is also part chow, likes to chase dogs at the dog park, squeak her toys and is very smart and fun. Maybe they are long lost sisters? We are baffled that anyone would have wanted to give her up.

Stella

She is a beautiful dog and I am glad that you adopted her all babies need adopted I adopted one about 7 months ago after i lost one of my found ones who was 15 1/2 yrs old.

So... I must say- Maggie looks just like our dog.. did you take her and then return her without our knowing... Here is a pic of our beautiful Noelle who looks as though she could your Maggie's lost twin sister. Noelle is also adopted and she is a beautiful addition to our family!

After looking at these pictures I am quite sure that our adopted puppy is part aussie/chow. She has been a mystery since we have gotten her. We found out that she is the only dog ever reported to be born without a vena cava (important vessel that leads to the liver to filter out food). We first thought it was a liver shunt. MSU did a special procedure on her 7-27-07. She had a few major problems following that they had to keep her in and fight. We have her on meds and heparin for know. I hope this works out since we would love to see her grow up to be a happy little girl. We are all keeping our paws crossed. She is very smart but I notice she is getting scared of things. I do not see any aggressiveness in her.

Jasmine Brown,

Your dog looks just like mine i adopted him when he was Im guessing around 1 month..

I would like to know what your dog is mixed with so I can get closer in finding what Mine IS!! LOL

Im wanting to say he is about 6 to 7 months now..

If you can hit me back on "takensoldier7380@aol.com"

Great picture! we just adopted a chow/shepherd mix. The kids are 9 and 6 and I was hoping she would be as gentle later as she is as a pup. She wants attention 24/7. In fact to avoid the crying she is in bed with the 9 year old and not a peep out of her.

Hi all

It was great to see all your beautiful dogs. We adopted Cutie 1 year ago and we think she is about 5 years old. I've been wondering what her breed mix is, the shelter said she was an Aussie mix. Her tongue is pink so I wonder about the Chow part. Her tail curls up over her back when she is excited or happy, so that makes her look Chow-ish. She is so affectionate and follows me from room to room. When any one in the family comes home, she still goes crazy with happiness. She loves to herd the dogs at the dog park and is still after our cats, but has never hurt anyone. I'm waiting to hear from Metamorphix as I sent in her DNA about a month ago. Unfortunately, Aussie is not on their DNA list, but Chow is. I will let you know. Whatever she is we love her! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Bess1

Hi all

Bess1

We have an Aussie/ChowChow too. They are the best! Ours was in her third foster care home and would have been put down :(

Rescues are awesome. Our HiDee likes to herd other dogs too, loves long walks - talks a lot! Sheis so smart, we have to spell words so she doesn't know what we're talking about. She thinks she owns us :) She is sweet with our cat too. My daughter has a huskie/chow and they are best friends.

I just got my puppy like a week ago, but the lady I got her from found her in a box under a car, so she didn't know what kind of puppy she was. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out and see if we could figure out how big she might get. I am thinking she could be a mix with an australian shepherd, chow, rottweiler or anything else? Her brother had markings like a rottweiler (black with lighter brown spots). You can't see it but she also has small "star-like" patch of white fur on her chest.

We just adopted an 8 week old pup and are trying to figure out what he is and what he will look like. Your dogs are beautiful, is this similar to what any of them looked like as pups? His tail is curled and his fur is sooo thick. He has gray/dark blue/dark green eyes.

We rescuerd Ivan when he was 4 months old, he's gorgous and exotic looking...He has a shephard face but a chow chow tail. I never know what to tell people when they ask what he is but looking at all y'all's pictures he looks like he could be an australian shephard/chow mix!

Better picture of Ivan as a puppy(obviously the one on the right), who in the world could give this little guy up?

Australian Shepherd Mix
Australian Shepherd Mix Photos
Pets Pet PagesJanuary 30, 2006
Chow Chow Australian Shepherd
Chow Chow Australian Shepherd Mix Photos
Australian Shepherd Breed Information and Photos
Australian Cattle Dog
Australian Cattle Dog Breed Information and Photos
Honey the Dog at the Top of a Large Hill
Chow Chow Breed Information and Photos
🎄