Read Your Supermarket Flyers Carefully Every Week

This weeks special was buy one 1/2 gallon of EDYS' ice cream and get 1 free. (price was $3.99 per 1/2 gallon) Buy 2 gallons and get 2 free PLUS get a $5.00 discount off of your entire bill. So, I bought 4 - 1/2 gallons of ice cream for $7.98 and received a $5.00 discount which lowered my cost to $2.98. That's 75 cents per 1/2 gallon. Where we live you can't even buy a baby ice cream cone for less than $2.25. We tucked all 4 of them in our freezer for a special treat in the future.

By Joesgirl

Some stores also have an "instore" coupon on a certain item, but then if you have a coupon for the same item from the manufacturer you are allowed to use both coupons on the one item. This can be just as good as getting an item on double coupon days in another store, except when the instore coupon says buy one item get the second free. Then I buy one at regular price, get the 2nd free with the store's instore coupon and then get the 3rd free with the manufacturer's coupon. Stores all get the value of the manufacturer's coupon back plus a handling fee.

Although some stores I have been to for their double coupon day will not double the coupon if the doubled value is more than the original amount. So a 50 cent coupon could not be doubled because it would be #1.00 and since the item was only $.99 they refused to even give me a $.99 credit because then I would be getting it for free. "And you can't do that" they say. Every store has their own rules and you have to work with them.

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingOctober 13, 2004
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman Dealing with Broken Down Car
Buying an Extended Car Warranty
Woman Weighing Herself
Losing 5 Pounds in a Week
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
🎄