Easy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

This happens to be one of my favorite recipes. Soup is the original one-dish meal. Stock up on supplies on your next trip to the grocery store, and you'll have everything you need to take the chill off. Makes about 12 cups.

• 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup chopped carrots
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 8 cups water (or chicken broth or half water and half broth)
  • 1 (6.2 oz.) pkg. fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix (such as Uncle Ben's)
  • 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
  • 1 (8 oz.) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed (such as Velveeta).
  • 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted

Directions:

Saute onion, celery, and carrots in a lightly greased Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes.

Add water (or broth), seasoning packet from rice mix, broccoli, and chicken. Bring to a boil, and stir in rice; reduce heat, cover, and cook 5 minutes.

Add cheese and soup; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheese melts.

Serve immediately.

Servings: 6-8
Time:20 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: I originally found this recipe a long time ago in a Southern Living Magazine (Carol Michael Hewitt, TX) and changed it a bit to suit my own taste. I have been doubling and freezing the recipe for years. I like to add more chicken broth to make it soupier. Everyone I serve it to enjoys it.

By luv from NJ

Wild Rice and Chicken Soup
Wild Rice Soup Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Soups ChickenFebruary 24, 2011
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Chicken and Rice Soup
Chicken and Rice Soup Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎄