Toilet Runs Briefly Several Times a Day

My toilet does something weird. Several times a day it starts to run and it lasts no longer than 30 seconds. What is up with that? I have never had a toilet do this. I changed the flapper tank ball, but it still comes on, maybe even more since I changed the flapper. Can someone please tell me what is going on with this thing? Thanks.

By Cathy from Macon, GA

Answers

Did you clean the area were the flapper rests in the tank? It is possible there is just a small obstruction that is causing the flapper not to rest properly and leak. A new flapper would be more sollid and rest even worse than the old one leaking even more.

I would suggest you turn off the water and drain the tank. Lift your flapper and take a small piece of sand paper and run it around the drain hole : inside drain area, around the edge of the drain hole & inside tank around the drain area.

It may help, it may not but what can it hurt besides a small piece of sandpaper. :) It might also help to rough up the bottom of the flapper but I would do that as a last resort. Good luck

Home and Garden Home Improvement PlumbingJanuary 9, 2010
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
May Day Flowers
Celebrating May Day
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎄
🍂