Grocery Shopping List Tips

Everyone probably knows that it is helpful to put a shopping list on fridge so that you can make note of what you have run out of. Another good idea is to put a list on the inside of your cupboard or panty where you store dry goods. This is especially helpful if you pantry is not near you fridge (ours is in our garage). You can also put one in the bathroom somewhere to note when beauty and personal items are needed. This way, items are less likely to be left off the shopping list when someone forgets to put it on the list on the fridge.

Also - because my family comes and goes (and eats) at all hours of the day and night, I have them put the empty container of whatever needs to be replaced on the kitchen table for me. In the morning, while doing my picking up, I write down the items that were left for me the night before. (Kids and my husband NEVER write down what they need but have the bad habit of complaining that *I* forgot to buy that item that they wanted.)

I like the site It has a forum in which someone matches the coupons with sales items for each store. I go to that site and copy down the offers for items I need. I've found that if I fold my 8 1/2"x11" paper, I can write the items I'm going to be in the area of the store where they can be found. For example, I put all non food together and all dairy foods together, etc.

I hope my idea is helpful to someone.

Grocery List
Creating A Grocery List
Organizing ShoppingAugust 23, 2004
couple reading canned food label at the market
Grocery Shopping Strategies
Creating a Christmas List
Creating a Christmas List
A woman looking at her shopping list.
Organizing Your Grocery List
Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores